Universal Music Group
Position: Marketing Manager
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
-Do you combine a passion for classical music with creativity galore?
-Are you an original thinker, not shy of challenging the status quo?
-Do you relish seeking out groundbreaking opportunities and forging innovative partnerships?
-Are you a self-starter who is goal-oriented?
-Are you a team player who thrives in the bustle of a corporate environment?
-Do you have at least three years experience in classical music marketing?
If the answer is yes to any or all of these questions there could be a place for you at the world’s largest recording company, as Marketing Manager for Deutsche Grammophon & Decca Classics, US, part of Universal Music Group.
Specific tasks include:
• Create and implement marketing plans for classical releases in the US
• Liaise with new media team creating innovative digital and other new media strategies including but not restricted to the building of the eCRM database
• Liaise with sales department, communicating marketing plans and ensuring proper visibility and sell-through at retail to achieve pre-determined sales goals
• Work with the sales department to devise catalog campaigns for both physical and digital retail to achieve specific sales goals
• Negotiate favorable ad rates and marketing spend
• Manage marketing budget for classical releases
• Write creative briefs and copy for all consumer advertising including print, radio, internet and TV
• Write copy for new release sales / solicitation sheets
• Manage sales at performing arts venues and other third parties
• Organize new release and other applicable events
• Devise and produce sales tools such as CD samplers, posters, videos, etc.
• Manage release schedule
• Report at various regular US and international meetings and conference calls
• Liaise with performing arts venues and other third parties to coordinate marketing and sales efforts
• Liaise with artists, managers, publicists, retailers, consumers