Warner Music Group: Manager, Strategic Sourcing and Governance
Warner Music Group
Position: Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Governance
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full time
About Warner Music Group: With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: The IT Strategic Sourcing and Governance group within Warner Music Group (WMG) manages the IT sourcing partnerships and the operational governance and compliance aspects of the sourcing engagements. The Manager as a key member of this team, will have primary operational responsibility for WMG’s role in the relationship with our third party vendor and Supplier, and for monitoring all Supplier deliverables and commitments.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Support IT leadership in designing and implementing WMG’s sourcing strategy to ensure that WMG IT continues to meet evolving business needs as well as maximize the returns from the existing sourcing engagements.
- Continuously optimize and implement creative sourcing engagement models and contract terms to deliver cost optimizations and generate higher value from sourcing partnerships.
- Operationalize and manage the Sourcing Contracts through a set of operational processes, checklists and guidelines
- Administer the end-end process for creating and managing contracts for all existing and new services– including assisting in soliciting and reviewing vendor proposals, contract and pricing negotiations
- Ensure compliance of WMG employees and vendors to all contractual requirements
- Create and manage comprehensive Contract Document Repository
- Manage and Resolve engagement issues per Issues Escalation process
- Manage the demand planning process for projects and enhancements
Performance (Service Level) Monitoring and Reporting
- Implement service level measurement and reporting processes and tool framework
- Manage and monitor vendor service performance reports
- Support internal WMG managers in the review and implementation of service level improvement measures with external vendor(s)
- Manage Benchmarking activities.
- Evaluate Service-Level Credits, Deliverables Credits, Performance Credits and other Service-related credits, and approve any action plans resulting from Service Level or Critical Deliverable-related performance failures.
Audit and Reporting
- Ensure compliance of sourcing engagement to internal Company standards and contractual requirements
- Develop standard reporting and communication requirements between Supplier and various staff of and organizations within Customer and the other Service Recipients.
- Monitor the timely receipt of and communication of all Reports contractually required to be provided by vendor for customer review
- Periodic Reporting (executive level reports) on all above operational governance processes to IT leadership
Processes, Standards and Tools
- Lead the definition and compliance of std. operational and quality processes, best practices
- Recommend and assist implementation of standardized tools for operational processes
- Liaison with vendors and internal customers to identify and implement value added, industry standard best practices to achieve operational efficiency
- Ensure auditability of Supplier processes.
- Organize and facilitate the Operating Committee, including all the reports to be presented to and reviewed by the Committee.
- Monitor Supplier’s and WMG’s compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Monitor Supplier’s contract-level deliverable commitments and track Supplier’s fulfillment of its obligations to provide deliverables.
- 5+ years of delivering and managing medium-large IT outsourcing engagements ($50+ of IT spend annually) representing either a service delivery or client IT organization .
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a management/ leadership role managing the entire lifecycle of outsourcing agreements including managing the RFP process, creating/evaluating vendor proposals, contract negotiation and leading the engagement governance either on the Supplier or client side.
- Experience in delivering/managing large application and infrastructure outsourcing engagements.
- Exposure to managing BPO engagements will be a plus.
- Proven experience in successfully managing change in a dynamic work environment.
- Experience in an independent role managing multi-vendor situations strongly preferred.
- Business Process Re-engineering, Six-Sigma or related experience in process re-engineering and cost optimization techniques will be a strong plus.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can operate independently and take accountability for the function.
- Strong understanding of fiscal planning and management such as OpEx, CapEx concepts.
- Ability to define, optimize and manage operational processes and take accountability for committed performance and results.
- Effective program management skills to prioritize and multi-task operational responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) and an effective personality to manage change .and drive results both internally and with external vendors.
- Very articulate and has ability to effectively present to an executive audience.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and ITIL processes.
- High attention to detail and quality consciousness in all deliverables.
- High Proficiency in MS Excel, Visio and MS Sharepoint to create and manage online tools for operational automation/ tracking and managing document and information repositories.
- Exposure to creating and negotiating contract documents such as Statements of Work and Service Orders dealing with vendors.
- Ability to effectively partner with stakeholders and peers from multiple groups within the organization who do not report directly to but are key to the success of this position.